Saturday, May 6, 2023

God Provides

 

God Provides

I had this dream recently…

I saw a young woman, dressed in a simple white gown, barefoot, she was walking down a dirt road, going to a water pump. The setting appeared to be Appalachia, it was in a rural mountain region. I saw her walk up to a water pump that was beside the road – an old silver one – and she carried no container for the water, she was only going to refresh herself. As she approached the pump, I saw that she had also with her a small bit of clay, which she took and rolled upon her arm, as if it were soap. The bit of clay was enough. I then spoke to her in the dream, and asked her if she was in Kentucky, and she answered yes. I commented how beautiful the region was, and started to go on and on about how much I liked it, as if I were a tourist on vacation. She was silent, and went about her business, uninterested in my observations.

I felt conviction in the dream, as if I were missing something that was being shown to me. 

The woman was simple, dressed in a white gown, and I understood it was a wedding dress, and although she had no shoes on, it was enough. She had recently received Christ and was newly saved, a new believer. 
She was going to a water pump – accessing the Word of God, the Living Waters – and what was provided to her was enough. 
She had a small piece of clay to be used as soap – her faith – and it was enough. 
What appeared to be a simple woman with little worldly goods, going to an old-fashioned water pump, was an illustration of how Jesus meets our needs, no matter what our earthly station or situation. 
I felt conviction in the dream for arrogance, thinking at first she had nothing. 

She had everything, and all that she needed.